Journalling the Magickal Journey

Are you journalling your magickal journey? (Journalling with a double L because I'm British.)

Journalling is something I struggle with. I'm too much of a perfectionist for scrappy pages filled with rushed, ugly handwriting. I'm not neat enough for beautifully laid-out pages and calligraphy. It's typical for me to get halfway through a notebook and then lose it or forget about it.

That said, I do believe in journalling. I believe in making a record of our daily lives, our otherwise unrecorded lives, our inner thoughts and struggles. Our magickal journeys are no exception.

Our magickal selves are hard to pin down. They often leave no traces. So why not buy a notebook and fill it with magickal scribblings? I don't necessarily mean a grimoire or Book of Shadows. I don't mean a book with spells written out like recipes. I mean "I looked at the moon today and I felt it in my heart." Or "I was going to cast XYZ spell today, but the energy didn't feel right." Scribble down your thoughts. What you did and what you didn't do. The patterns you notice in the world around you.

Who am I talking to? Myself, for one. I want to start a journal. But I'm also talking to you: the witch, the psychic, the Wiccan, the medium and more. We deserve to leave a record of ourselves. We deserve to leave fluttering sheets of paper. Something for ourselves, for our descendants, for historians. Something that says, "I was here and I was magickal."

What are your journalling tips?

Comments

Popular Posts