Magick and Illness

I've been ill for just over a week. Acutely ill, I mean. Not counting any of the long-term conditions that plague me. I am faint and stomachy and sometimes my limbs ache. No amount of water is enough water. Standing up is a struggle. I must say: I hate it.

To be clear, I have not been using this time magickally. I have not been curled up with books about astral travel or lucid dreaming. My healing crystals are still in their box. Maybe that's why I feel so lousy. Maybe if I took this time to strengthen my witchy side, I would at least have distracted myself.

So, the time starts now. My new magickal project begins right now. I know exactly which crystals to circle around my bed. I know exactly which magickal book I want to read.

I want to read about astral travel. It strikes me as the perfect subject to explore while I'm incapacitated. I have travelled astrally before. It used to be one of my favourite magickal practices, but I want to get back to the basics, learn to do it the "proper" way.

Why not float around the Moon or Mars from my sick bed? Why not revisit that glorious, secret place I built in my mind's eye? It would certainly be better than lingering, languishing.

I'm interested to know how other people combine magick and illness. That bowl of hot soup you eat when you have a cold is a potion if made with intention (and the right ingredients!). When it's appropriate, I heal myself with crystals. What else is there? What magickal thing do you have in your toolkit for when you're feeling under the weather?

Comments

Popular Posts